Tuesday 18 August 2009

June Whitfield Secrets

 

She's been around for years and while you can't fault the latent professionalism of June Whitfield, it was one of those "let something slip!" moments when she was featured in the California Chronicle today and mentioned her appearance in the final Doctor Who episodes of David Tennant.

Talking about a career that goes back longer than most of us reading this have been on the planet, Whitfield is best known for appearances in the Carry On films, starring in Terry and June on BBC TV and The News Huddlines on the radio - not to mention Absolutely Fabulous - and her casting in the Christmas specials has added a yet another degree of quality to the Tenth Doctor's swansong.

So, what did she have to say about it?

She said: "I can't say too much about it but I'm not an alien or anything like that. It was tremendous fun to do.

"I've always thought that you retire when people stop asking you to work but people haven't stopped asking. You think every job is going to be your last but I'm still going. I'm incredibly lucky I still love what I do."

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tardis Radio

Loading...

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.

Launch in external player