Monday 7 February 2011

Sarah jane adventures quotes The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith


Rani: We could go through there, into another time. Might never get the chance again.
Clyde: Can't we just have a look? Five minutes?
Sarah Jane: No! I'm sorry Clyde, but it's too dangerous. You've seen it in the movies - you go back, you change one tiny thing, and there's terrible consequences.
Rani: But you've travelled through time in the TARDIS.
Sarah Jane: With the Doctor, who knew what he was doing... most of the time.
Rani: Something happened when she went back in time.
Clyde: And it's up to you, my young Padawan,  to find out the whole story.
Sarah Jane: We lived in a village called Foxgrove – that's where I was born. One afternoon, in August 1951, they got in their car, drove off, and they never came back.
Luke: There was an accident?
Sarah Jane: A tractor had broken down in the lane. They went straight into it.
Luke: You got out ok.
Sarah Jane: I wasn't with them. They left me behind – in my pram, at the side of the road, alone.
Luke: They must have had a reason.
Sarah Jane: To leave a three-month-old baby on its own?
Luke: So, your Aunt Lavinia brought you up.
Sarah Jane: Dad's sister, the family genius. She did the best she could, but she was always so busy, never in one place long enough to lick a stamp. She always said my mum and dad were the best parents in the world. But I couldn't help thinking – was she covering up for them? Because that day they just upped and left their baby alone. Left me behind.
Luke: Where'd you get the clothes?
Sarah Jane: Back of my wardrobe. Simple, classic, they'll do the job.
Luke: You used to wear that?! Seriously?!
Sarah Jane: Listen kid, the fifties came back in the seventies, I remember when this was quite the thing!
Sarah Jane: If it is a trap, this is the only way to find out who's behind it. That sounds like a good, rational reason I can give myself, anyway.
Clyde: Err... Hocus Pocus! Open Sesame? I don't know... Oh! JUMANJI!
Sarah Jane: I'll never know why they left me that day, but I do know that they loved me.
Sarah Jane: Luke, I have saved the lives of so many people, people I didn't even know, I don't know – miners on Peladon, all the people drinking BubbleShock, without a second thought, but this is my mum and dad!
Luke: You know you're not meant to!
Sarah Jane: Why? Why can't I? Why shouldn't I save them too?
Luke: What about the way you were brought up? If you changed it, then what if you never meet the Doctor? What if you never meet me?
Sarah Jane:I only want to look through the fissure, see what my life becomes if they survive. If there's anything wrong, we come back and set it right again!
Luke: Unless this is the trap.
Sarah Jane:Why do we have to think this is something terrible? What if this is a good thing? All these years I've been putting other people first – there has to be something at the end of it, doesn't there? Something for me? What if this is it? My reward!
Sarah Jane: It's all my fault!
Luke: All we have to do to change things back is repair the car.
Sarah Jane: And then what? I order my mother and father inside, I send them off to their deaths?
Luke: It's the only way.
Sarah Jane: I can't do it! If it was me, Luke, could you? I won't kill them! There must be another way, there's always another way!
Sarah Jane: There's only one person in the universe who would know, straight away! One person who could help us! And where is he whenever you need him?
Rani: Yes... hello, an ethnic person in the fifties! Hi!
Rani: I'm looking for a woman, short, brown hair, very pretty, probably with her son. He's a bit... weird.
Mrs King: What was she wearing? Can that really be the fashion in the Punjab?
Barbara Smith: If we get in the car and drive away now, then that's the end of that thing under the arch. I know I'm right.
Sarah Jane: No, you musn't! Don't go!
Barbara: We've got to. But not Sarah Jane, not our baby. Take her. Look after her.
Luke: This is why they left that day. They didn't abandon you Mum, they saved you!
Eddie Smith: One thing though, it's important. Sarah Jane, our baby. Is she safe? Does she have a good life?
Sarah Jane: Yes! So many incredible things, things you wouldn't believe... don't go!
Eddie: We've got to though, havn't we?
Barbara: Like he worked any of it out! I said, didn't I? I don't understand it, but sometimes the heart knows things the mind can't explain.
Sarah Jane: [sobbing] Oh Mum... Dad...
Eddie: Come here, come here. 
Barbara: Look at you, older than us!
Eddie: And you came all that way to see us!
Sarah Jane: I thought you'd left me behind... I never knew you, I never had the chance, it was so unfair!
Barbara: Who said life was fair, eh?
The Trickster: You... have denied me... my hunger!
Sarah Jane: I have done nothing! That was my Mum and Dad, saving the world! Something us Smiths just can't help doing!
The Trickster: But you couldn't do it, I knew you could never do it!
Sarah Jane: You were right, I couldn't send them off, but you didn't count on one thing - they were brilliant! They worked it out by themselves! My Mum and Dad defeated you!
Clyde: I'll be off home then. Huh, today I've been to an alternative timeline and now I'm saying "I'll be off home then".
Sarah Jane: That's the life we lead. Sometimes it brings you such joy and sometimes it brings you the worst things in the world.
Sarah Jane: That's all I ever had of them. But life goes on... it has to... Oh Luke, they were my Mum and Dad and they were wonderful!
Luke: It's made me realise - I'm so lucky, because I've got my Mum. I've got you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tardis Radio

Loading...

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.

Launch in external player