Monday 2 May 2011

Hugh Bonneville's Doctor Who ban

Hugh Bonneville who is in this weeks episode of Dr who (The curse of the black spot) has revealed he is banned from watching Doctor Who in his house after his young son got scared by the Daleks.


Hugh revealed: "Slightly sore topic. My nine-year-old got so freaked out about Bill Paterson's demise in the Daleks episode last year, he had some sleepless nights... so we've had a slight embargo on Doctor Who at our house, which was annoying for me because I'd got them all recorded and then I had to wipe them all!

"So I'm going to get the box set, and we'll watch them together leading up to this episode."

The 47-year-old actor joked his son would probably have preferred him to have a guest spot on his favourite cartoon.

He said: "It's funny, because he's used to me working but he's new to the whole Doctor Who thing, so to him it's just another job. Had I said I was going to be in Spongebob Squarepants, then he'd have been really thrilled."

But Hugh is a big Doctor Who fan

He said: " I was a Jon Pertwee boy. That music haunted my childhood, and always reminds me of being at my gran's on a Saturday afternoon, just after the football scores."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tardis Radio

Loading...

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.

Launch in external player