Friday 15 October 2010

Dr who ninth doctor quotes Boom Town

Margaret Blaine: Oh do excuse me, civic duties leave little time for a sandwich.
Cathy Salt: And then just recently Mr. Cleaver, the government's nuclear advisor?
Margaret Blaine: Slipped on an icy patch.
Cathy Salt: He was decapitated!
Margaret Blaine: It was a very icy patch.
Margaret Blaine: Ooh, my little tummy's complaining—I think we might have to take a detour to the ladies.
Cathy Salt: I'll wait here!
Cathy Salt: Sounds like we got here just in time.
Mickey: That old lady's staring.
Jack :Probably wondering what four people were doing in a small box.
Mickey: What are you captain of? The Innuendo Squad?
The Doctor: Hello, I've come to see the Lord Mayor.
Idris Hopper: Have you got an appointment?
The Doctor: No, just an old friend passing by, bit of a surprise. Can't wait to see her face!
Idris Hopper: Well, she's just having a cup of tea.
The Doctor: Just go in there and tell her "the Doctor" would like to see her.
Idris Hopper: "The Doctor" who?
The Doctor: Just "The Doctor". Tell her exactly that, "The Doctor".
Idris Hopper: Hang on a tic.
Idris Hopper: The Lord Mayor says "thank you f-for popping by." She'd love to have a chat, but, um, she's up to her eyes in paperwork. Perhaps you would like to make an appointment for next week...
The Doctor:  She's climbing out the window, isn't she?
Idris Hopper: Yes, she is.
Margaret Blaine: Why can't you just leave me alone? What did I ever do to you?
The Doctor: You tried to kill me and destroy this entire planet.
Margaret Blaine: Apart from that.
Margaret Blaine: We're in Cardiff. London doesn't care, the south-west coast could fall into the sea and they wouldn't notice...  Oh, I sound like a Welshman. God help me, I've gone native.
The Doctor: "Blaidd Drwg".
Rose Tyler: What's it mean?
The Doctor: Bad Wolf.
Rose Tyler: But, I've heard that before, Bad Wolf; I've heard that lots of times...
The Doctor: Everywhere we go, two words following us. Bad Wolf.
Rose Tyler: How could they be following us?
The Doctor: Nah, just a coincidence!
Rose:The Doctor took me to this planet a while back. It was much colder than this. They called it 'Women Wept'. The planet was actually called Women Wept, cause, if you looked at it, right, from above, there's like this huge continent like all curved round, sort of looked like a woman, you know, lamenting. Oh my God, and we went to this beach, right. No people, no buildings, just this beach like a thousand miles across. And something happened, something to do with the sun, I don't know, but the sea had just frozen. Like, in a split second, in the middle of a storm, right, waves and foam just frozen, all the way out to the horizon. Midnight, right, we walk underneath these waves, a hundred feet tall and made of ice!
Mickey: I'm going out with Trisha Delaney.
Rose:Oh. Right. That's nice. Trisha from the shop?
Mickey: Yeah, Rob Delaney's sister.
Rose: She's nice. She's a bit thick—
Mickey: She lost weight... You've been away!
Rose: Well, good for you, she's nice.
Mickey: So, tell us more about this planet then?
Rose: That's it, really.
Margaret Blaine: I promise you I've changed since we last met Doctor. There was this girl, yesterday. A young thing, something of a danger, she was getting too close. I felt the bloodlust rising just as the family had taught me, I was going to kill her without a thought. And then... I stopped. She's alive somewhere right now, she's walking round this city because I can change, I did change. I know I can't prove it—
The Doctor: I believe you.
Margaret Blaine: Then you know I'm capable of better.
The Doctor: It doesn't mean anything.
Margaret Blaine: I spared her life.
The Doctor: You let one of them go, but that's nothing new. Every now and then a little victim spared, because she smiled, 'cos he's got freckles, 'cos they begged. And that's how you live with yourself, that's how you slaughter millions. Because once in a while, on a whim, if the wind's blowing in the right direction, you happen to be kind.
Margaret Blaine: Only a killer would know that. Is that right? From what I've seen, your funny little happy-go-lucky life leaves devastation in its wake. Always moving on, because you dare not go back. Playing with so many peoples' lives - you might as well be a god. And you're right, Doctor, you're absolutely right; sometimes you let one go. Let me go.
Mickey: So what d'you wanna do now?
Rose: Don't know.
Mickey: We could ask about hotels.
Rose: What would Trisha Delaney say?
Mickey: S'pose. There's a bar down there with a Spanish name or something-
Rose: You don't even LIKE Trisha Delaney!
Mickey: Oh is that right, what the hell do you know?
Rose: I know you, and I know her, and I know that's never gonna happen, so who d'you think you're kidding—?
Mickey: At least I know where she is!
Rose: ...There we are then. It's got nothing to do with Trisha, this is all about me—!
Mickey: YOU LEFT ME! We were nice! We were happy. And then what, you give me a kiss and you run off wiff him, and you make me feel like nothing, Rose, I was nothing! I can't even go out with a stupid girl from the shop because you pick up the phone and I comes running! I mean, is that what I am, Rose, standby? Am I just supposed to sit here for the rest of my life waiting for you?! Because I will!
Rose: I'm sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tardis Radio

Loading...

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.

Launch in external player