Thursday 7 October 2010

dr who ninth doctor quotes The End of the World

The Doctor: You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're going to get killed by eggs, or beef, or global warming, or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible: that maybe you survive. This is the year 5.5 slash apple slash 26... five billion years in your future, and this is the day, hold on—This is the day the sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world.
Master of Ceremonies: Who the hell are you?
The Doctor: That's nice, thanks.
Master of Ceremonies: But how did you get in? This is a maximum hospitality zone! The guests will be arriving any minute!
The Doctor: Oh, that's me, I'm a guest. See, there's my invitation, "The Doctor, +1" This is Rose Tyler, she's my plus one. Is that all right?
Master of Ceremonies: Well, obviously. Apologies, etc. As long as you're here, we'd better start.
The Doctor:The paper's slightly psychic, makes them see whatever I want them to see.
Cassandra: I know, I know, shocking isn't it? I've had my chin, completely removed. And look at the difference! Look how thin I am! Thin, and dainty. I don't look a day over 2000! My mother was a Texan, my father was from the Arctic belt. They were born on the Earth, and they are the last to be buried in its soil. I have come to bid them "farewell".  But I bring these gifts. Here, the last ostrich egg. Legend says it grew to a wingspan of over fifty feet, and blew fire from its nostrils... or was that my third husband. And here, a true treasure.Historians tell us that this was known as an "iPod". Play on! 
The Doctor: Tell you what. With a bit of jiggery pokery—
Rose: Is that a technical term, "jiggery pokery"?
The Doctor: Yeah, I got a first in jiggery pokery, what about you?
Rose: Nah, I failed hullabaloo.
Jabe: Perhaps you could tell a story or two. Perhaps a man only enjoys trouble when there's nothing else left.
The Doctor: Five billion years and it still comes down to money.
The Doctor: Everything has its time and everything dies.
The Doctor: You think it'll last forever: people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone. Even the sky. My planet's gone. It's dead. It burned, like the Earth. It's just rocks and dust. Before its time.
Rose: What happened?
The Doctor: There was a war, and we lost.
Rose: A war with who? What about your people?
The Doctor: I'm a Time Lord. I'm the last of the Time Lords. They're all gone. I'm the only survivor. I'm left traveling on my own, 'cause there's no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tardis Radio

Loading...

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.

Launch in external player