Sunday 17 October 2010

Dr who ninth doctor quotes The Parting of the Ways

Jack Harkness: One minute, they're the greatest threat in the Universe; the next minute, they just vanished out of time and space!
The Doctor: They went off to fight a bigger war. The Time War.
Jack Harkness:  I thought that was just a legend!
The Doctor: I was there. The war between the Daleks and the Time Lords, with the whole of creation at stake. My people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them. I almost thought it was worth it.  Now it turns out they died for nothing.
Daleks: Exterminate! Exterminate!
The Doctor: Is that it? Useless! Nul points! It's alright, you can come out; that forcefield can hold back anything!
Jack Harkness: Almost anything. 
The Doctor: Yes, but I wasn't going to tell them that. Thanks.
The Doctor: You know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. You might have removed all your emotions, but I reckon right down deep in your DNA there's one little spark left. And that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me?How did you survive the Time War?
Dalek Emperor: They survived through me!
The Doctor: Rose, Captain, this is the Emperor of the Daleks.
Dalek Emperor: You destroyed us, Doctor! The Dalek Race died in your inferno, but my ship survived, falling through time, crippled but alive!
The Doctor: I get it...!
Daleks: Do not interrupt! Do not interrupt! Do not interrupt!
The Doctor: I think you're forgetting something. I'm the Doctor, and if there's one thing I can do, it's talk! I've got 5 billion languages and you haven't got one way of stopping me, so if anyone's gonna shut up, IT'S YOU!  Okey-doke, so where were we?
Dalek Emperor: We waited here, in the dark space, damaged but rebuilding. Centuries passed and we quietly infiltrated the systems of Earth, harvesting the waste of humanity. The prisoners, the refugees, the dispossessed; they all came to us. The bodies were filleted, pulped, sifted. The seed of the human race is perverted; only one cell in a billion was fit to be nurtured!
The Doctor: So you created an army of Daleks out of the dead.
Rose: That makes them... half-human.
Dalek Emperor: Those words are BLASPHEMY!
Daleks: Do not blaspheme! Do not blaspheme! Do not blaspheme!
Dalek Emperor: Everything human has been purged. I cultivated pure and blessed Dalek!
The Doctor: Since when did the Daleks have a concept of blasphemy!?
Dalek Emperor: I reached into the dirt and made new life! I AM THE GOD OF ALL DALEKS!
Daleks: Worship him! Worship him! Worship him!
The Doctor: They're insane! Hiding in silence for hundreds of years; that's enough to drive anyone mad. But it's worse than that; driven mad by your own flesh, the stink of humanity. You hate your own existence...and that makes them more deadly than ever.
The Doctor: This is Emergency Programme One. Rose, now listen; this is important. If this message is activated, then it can only mean one thing. We must be in danger, and I mean fatal. I'm dead, or about to die any second with no chance of escape. And that's okay. Hope it's a good death. But I promised to look after you, and that's what I'm doing. The TARDIS is taking you home. And I bet you're fussing and moaning now- typical! But hold on and just listen a bit more. The TARDIS can never return for me. Emergency Programme One means I'm facing an enemy that should never get their hands on this machine. So this is what you should do: let the TARDIS die. Just let this old box gather dust. No one can open it; no one will even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing on a street corner. And over the years, the world will move on and the box will be buried. And if you wanna remember me, then you can do one thing, that's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that for me, Rose. Have a fantastic life.
Rose: You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space. Every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. 
Rose: I can see everything. All that is. All that was. All that ever could be.
The Doctor: That's what I see, all the time. And doesn't it drive you mad?
Rose: My head—
The Doctor: Come here.
Rose: —is killing me.
The Doctor: I think you need a doctor.
The Doctor: Rose Tyler. I was going to take you to so many places. Barcelona! Not the city Barcelona, the planet Barcelona. You'd love it, fantastic place! They've got dogs with no noses! Imagine how many times a day you end up telling that joke and it's still funny!
Rose: Then... why can't we go?
The Doctor: Maybe you will. Maybe I will. But not like this.
Rose: You're not making sense.
The Doctor: I might never make sense again! I might have two heads, or no head. Imagine me with no head, ha! And don't say that's an improvement... But it's a bit dodgy, this process. You never know what you're going to end up with.
Rose: Doctor!
The Doctor: Stay away!
Rose: Doctor, tell me what's going on—
The Doctor: I absorbed all the energy of the time vortex, and no one's meant to do that...Every cell in my body's dying.
Rose: Isn't there something you can do?
The Doctor: Yeah. Doing it now. See, Time Lords have this little trick, it's sort of a way of cheating death. Except... it means I'm going to change. And you're not going to see me again... Not like this. Not with this daft old face. And before I go—
Rose: Don't say that!
The Doctor: Rose... before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? So was I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tardis Radio

Loading...

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.

Launch in external player