Monday 15 November 2010

Dr who tenth doctor quotes blink

Cathy: Why did you come here anyway?
Sally: I love old things. They make me feel sad.
Cathy: What's good about sad?
Sally: It's happy for deep people.
Video store employee:Go to the police, you stupid woman! Why does nobody ever just go to the police?
Sally: But what is it, what's a police box?
D.I. Billy Shipton: Well, it's a special kind of phone box for policemen. They used to have them all over, but this isn't a real one. The phone's just a dummy and the windows are the wrong size. 
Larry: And there he is.
Sally: The Doctor.
Larry: Who's the doctor?
Sally: He's the Doctor.
The Doctor: Yep, that's me.
Sally: Okay, that's scary.
Larry: No, it sounds like he's replying, but he always says that.
The Doctor: Yes I do.
Larry: And that.
The Doctor: Yep, and this.
Sally: He can hear us! Oh my God, you can really hear us!
Larry: Of course he can't hear us. Look, I've got a transcript, see? Everything he says: 'Yep, that's me,' 'Yes I do,' 'Yep, and this,' next is...
The Doctor and Larry: Are you going to read out the whole thing?
Larry: Sorry. 
The Doctor: People don't understand time. It's not what you think it is.
Sally: Then what is it?
The Doctor: Complicated.
Sally: Tell me.
The Doctor: Very complicated.
Sally: I'm clever, and I'm listening, and don't patronise me because people have died and I'm not happy. Tell me.
The Doctor: People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.
The Doctor: Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels. The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death. The rest of your life used up and blown away in the blink of an eye. You die in the past, and in the present they consume the energy of all the days you might have had, all your stolen moments. They're creatures of the abstract. They live off potential energy.
Billy Shipton: What in God's name are you talking about?
Martha Jones: Trust me, just nod when he stops for breath.
The Doctor: Tracked you down with this. This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at 30 paces, whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow.
The Doctor: [on video] The Angels have the phone box.
Larry: "The Angels have the phone box". That's my favourite; I've got that on a t-shirt!
Sally: What do you mean "Angels"? You mean those statue things?
The Doctor: Creatures from another world.
Sally: But they're just statues.
The Doctor: Only when you see them.
Sally: What does that mean?
The Doctor: Lonely assassins, they used to be called. No one quite knows where they came from, but they're as old as the Universe—or very nearly. And they've survived this long because they have the most perfect defense system ever evolved: they're quantum locked. They don't exist when they're being observed. The moment they're seen by any other living creature, they freeze into rock. No choice, it's a fact of their biology. In the sight of any living thing they literally turn to stone. And you can't kill a stone. 'Course, a stone can't kill you either, but then you turn your head away. Then you blink, and oh yes it can.
Sally: Don't take your eyes off that.
The Doctor: That's why they cover their eyes. They're not weeping, they can't risk looking at each other. Their greatest asset is their greatest curse. They can never be seen. Loneliest creatures in the Universe. And I'm sorry. I am very, very sorry, it's up to you now.
Sally: What am I supposed to do?
The Doctor: The blue box; it's my time machine. There is a world of time energy in there that they could feast on forever, but the damage they would do could switch off the Sun. You have got to send it back to me.
Sally: How? How?!
The Doctor: And that's it, I'm afraid, there's no more from you on the transcript, that's the last I've got. I don't know what stopped you talking, but I can guess: they're coming; the Angels are coming for you, but listen—your life could depend on this—don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tardis Radio

Loading...

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.

Launch in external player