Thursday 11 November 2010

Dr who tenth doctor quotes The Lazarus Experiment


The Doctor: Black tie... Whenever I wear this, something bad always happens.
Martha: That's not the outfit, that's just you. But anyway, I think it suits you. In a... James Bond kinda way.
The Doctor: James Bond? Really?...
Lazarus: I find that nothing’s ever exactly like you expect. There’s always something to surprise you. "Between the idea and the reality, between the motion and the act"—
The Doctor: "Falls the shadow".
Lazarus: So the mysterious Doctor knows his Eliot. I'm impressed.
The Doctor: Wouldn't have thought you'd have time for poetry, Lazarus, what with you being so busy defying the laws of nature and everything.
Lazarus: You're right, Doctor. One lifetime's been too short for me to do everything I'd like. How much more I'll get done in two, or three, or four.
The Doctor: It doesn't work like that. Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty. It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
Lazarus: But if it's the right person, what a gift that would be.
The Doctor: Or what a curse. Look at what you've done to yourself.
Lazarus:Who are you to judge me?
The Doctor:Really shouldn't take that long just to reverse the polarity... Must be a bit out of practice!
The Doctor: This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.
The Doctor: Lazarus, back from the dead. Should've known, really.
[The Doctor finds Lazarus crouched on the floor behind the altar of Southwark Cathedral]
Lazarus: I came here before, a lifetime ago. I thought I was going to die then; in fact, I was sure of it. I sat here, just a child, the sound of planes and bombs outside.
The Doctor: The Blitz.
Lazarus:You've read about it.
The Doctor: I was there.
Lazarus:You're too young.
The Doctor: So are you.
Lazarus: In the morning, the fires had died, but I was still alive. I swore I would never face death like that again, so defenceless. I would arm myself, fight back, defeat it!
The Doctor: That's what you were trying to do today?
Lazarus: That's what I did today!
The Doctor: What about the other people who died!?
Lazarus:They were nothing. I changed the course of history!
The Doctor: Any of them might have done too. You think history is only made with equation!? Facing death is part of being human; you can't change that.
Lazarus: No, Doctor; avoiding death, that's being human! It's our strongest impulse, to cling to life with every fibre of being! I'm only doing what everyone before me has tried to do. I've simply been more... successful at it.
The Doctor: Look at yourself! You're mutating! You've got no control over it and you call it a success!?
Lazarus: I call it progress! I'm more now than I was; more than just an ordinary human.
The Doctor: There's no such thing as an ordinary human.
Lazarus:You're so sentimental, Doctor. Maybe you are older than you look.
The Doctor:I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired; tired of the struggle, tired of losing everyone that matters to you, tired of watching everything you love turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone.
Lazarus: That's a price worth paying.
The Doctor: Is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tardis Radio

Loading...

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.

Launch in external player